Phase One Endurance
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Phase One Endurance is a motorcycle endurance team, currently competing in the FIM Endurance World Championship. They were formed in 1985 by Russell Benney and Martin Prout. They have won the Endurance World Championship title in 1993, 2000 and 2003.
Phase One Endurance secured a 10th place in their class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans race after a lot of turmoil and 2 crashes during the night. From starting in 15th they worked their way up through the field to 3rd before riders James Haydon and James McBride both crashed during the night. After losing a lot of time the team managed to get back up to 10th place in their class again before the end.
After a poor start to the season due to crashes, Phase One Endurance achieved 4th place in both the Oschersleben 8hr race and the Bol D'or 24hr race to come 8th overall. At the last race of the year in Qatar they were fighting for the lead, with rider Glen Richards on board, when a crash forced a long push-in from Glen Richards which pushed them down to dead last. They eventually finished this race 9th in their class.
- "The Le Mans 24 Hour World Endurance Race". Race24.com. 22 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-25.
- QTEL FIM World Endurance Championship (Apr 19, 2008). "Suzuki Endurance Racing Teams Leading After Nine Hours At Le Mans News Article". RoadracingWorld.com. Retrieved 2008-10-25.
- RedLeg Interactive Media - Tel +44(01223 426 013. "Race24.com: The Bol d'Or 24 Hour at Magny Cours - World Endurance Championship". Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- RedLeg Interactive Media - Tel +44(01223 426 013. "Race24.com: The FIM World Endurance Championship". Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- RedLeg Interactive Media - Tel +44(01223 426 013. "Race24.com: The Qatar 8 Hour World Endurance Race". Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "British motorcyclist is killed in crash". The Times. London. 15 July 1996.
- Davies, Gareth A. (11 September 1998). "Motorcycling: Benney's battlers thriving on their test of endurance: British team continue to make a real impact at France's showpiece event". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- Ash, Kevin (17 October 2000). "Feats of endurance". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- phaseone.co.uk Official website
|This Motorcycle racing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|