Philip Reid (sportswriter)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Reid is a journalism graduate of Dublin Institute of Technology. He began his journalistic career with the Irish Press newspaper group in 1985. He joined The Irish Times as a staff writer in 1996. Reid is the secretary of the Irish Golf Writers' Association and is a committee member of the UK-based Association of Golf Writers. He lives in Dublin.
Reid has covered every Ryder Cup since 1993. His coverage of the 2006 Ryder Cup, a notable victory by Europe over the USA, was the basis of his book The Cup, published by Maverick House. He was one of four international golf journalists invited by the International Herald Tribune to a sports forum assessing US and European chances in the 2008 Ryder Cup.
- Globetrotter Golfers Guide: Ireland: Over 120 Courses and Facilities. Globetrotter. 2003. ISBN 1-85974-669-1.
- The cup: How the 2006 Ryder Cup was won. Maverick House. 2006. ISBN 1-905379-24-2.
- Review: "Ryder Cup Books", Ryder Cup Diary, 2010.
"The Irish Majors"(Gill and Macmillan) was published in October 2012.
- "Philip Reid, The Irish Times". The New York Times. 15 September 2008. Retrieved 22 August 2011.
- Dervan, Cathal (22 June 2011). "Rory McIlroy always had my vote". IrishCentral. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Ryder Cup, part one: Impact of Tiger Woods and Colin Montgomerie". New York Times. 15 September 2008. Retrieved 5 September 2011.