||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Life & Career
Phillip Rhee was born in South Korea and raised in San Francisco, California. He is a martial artist, actor, director and film producer who has created, produced and starred in numerous films, including the Best of the Best film series. The first Best of the Best film spawned three sequels; Best of the Best II, Best of the Best III and Best of the Best IV.
Rhee's 1980 representation of the United States' Taekwondo Team against the South Korean team in the championships of the Asia Games which formed the basis of his screenplay for the film "Best of the Best".
Philip Rhee married his wife, Amy, in 1990.
- 2015 Underdog Kids
- 1998 Best of the Best 4: Without Warning
- 1995 Best of the Best 3: No Turning Back
- 1993 Best of the Best 2
- 1989 Best of the Best
- 1988 Silent Assassins
- 1987 Hell Squad
- 1986 L.A. Streetfighters
- 1985 Crime Killer
- 1984 Furious
- 1977 The Kentucky Fried Movie Klahn's Guard (segment "A Fistful of Yen")
- "Plot Defeats `Best' Karate Sequences". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- "A BLEND OF TWO GENRES FOUND IN `NINJA TURF'". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- Zirogiannis, Marc (July 2015). "Phillip Rhee Underdog Master". Tae Kwon Do Times Magazine (July 2015): 58. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- Zirogiannis, Marc (July 2015). "Phillip Rhee Underdog Master". Tae Kwon Do Times (July 2015): 58. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|