Phyllis April King is an English poet. She appears and reads her material on Ivor Cutler's albums Dandruff, Velvet Donkey and Jammy Smears. King designed some of the Ivor Cutler album covers, and has published poetry and children's books. She worked with Cutler on the radio series King Cutler which was broadcast on BBC Radio 3 in 1990.
King was first married to Canadian film director Allan King. Later she was in a long-term relationship with Ivor Cutler for over forty years up to his death in 2006 though they did not live together, preferring to retain their independence. Like Cutler, she was a teacher. Cutler wrote the song "Beautiful Cosmos" about her. She has a daughter and lives in Wiltshire.
- Dust - Newcastle upon Tyne: Morden Tower Publications, 1978.
- Close Views - Newcastle upon Tyne: Morden Tower Publications, 1980.
- The Hungry Cat – London: Walker, 1986. (Illustrated by Phyllis King) ISBN 0744514150
- Apple Green and Runner Bean – London: Walker, 1993. (Illustrated by Phyllis King) ISBN 0744547334
- Irwin, Colin (9 March 2006). "Ivor Cutler - Obituaries - News - The Independent". The Independent. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "The wacky world of Ivor Cutler". Evening Times. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "King Cutler". Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Wyatt, Robert (2006). Mojo. EMAP Performance Limited (150-153).
Finally, we must mention Phyllis April King, who nurtured Ivor and kept an eye on him.Missing or empty
- "Theatre review: Beautiful Cosmos Of Ivor Cutler - The Scotsman". The Scotsman. 12 April 2014. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Shepherd, Fiona. "Who is Ivor Cutler?". Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Phyllis King - www.ivorcutler.org". Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "The Beautiful Cosmos of Ivor Cutler review – 'A big grin of a show'". The Guardian. 21 April 2014. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
|This article about a poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|