Piano Concerto No. 1 (Glazunov)
Alexander Glazunov composed his Piano Concerto No. 1 in F minor, Opus, 92, in 1911, during his tenure as director of the St. Petersburg Conservatory. The concerto is dedicated to Leopold Godowsky, whom Glazunov had heard on tour in St. Petersburg in 1905.
- Allegro moderato
- Tema con variazoni
- Tema (Andante tranquilo)
- Variation I
- Variation II (chromatica) Andantino
- Variation III (Eroica) Allegro moderato)
- Variation IV (lyrica) Adagio
- Variation V (Intermezzo) Allegro
- Variation VI (quasi una fantasia) Lento
- Variation VII Mazurka: Allegretto
- Variation VIII Scherzo: Allegro ma non troppo
- Variation IX Finale: Allegro moderato
- Pott, 6.
- Pott, Francis, Notes for Hyperion CDA66877: Glazunov: Piano Concertos; Goedicke: Concertstück; Stephen Coombs, piano; BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra conducted by Martyn Brabbins.
|This article about a concerto is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|