|Alma mater||ESSEC Business School|
|Known for||Chairman & CEO of Accenture|
Pierre Nanterme (born 1959) is a French business executive. He is currently the chairman and CEO of Accenture.
Pierre Nanterme was born in France in 1959. He attended the ESSEC Business School (École Supérieure des Sciences Économiques et Commerciales) in Paris and received his master's in management degree in 1981. After graduation, he went on to fulfill his military service in France.
Career at Accenture
In 1983, after completing his military service, Nanterme began his career at the consulting firm Accenture (previously known as Andersen Consulting). Roles during his early career at the company included acting as head of the banking and finance practice in France.
Nanterme became a partner at the firm in 1993. Between 1993 and 2005, Nanterme held a number of roles in the firm’s financial services practice, including managing director for Europe, Africa, and Latin America, as well as global managing director of the insurance industry group.
In November 2005, Nanterme was appointed the country managing director for Accenture in France. The next year, he joined Accenture's global leadership team and became the company's chief leadership officer, managing its leadership development.
In 2007, Nanterme was appointed group chief executive of Accenture's global financial services operating group, which focuses on clients in banking, insurance, and capital markets. In October 2010, the company announced that Nanterme would serve as the next chief executive officer of Accenture, at which time he also became a member of the board of directors. He officially took office as CEO on January 1, 2011, and in February 2013 took on the additional role of chairman.
Other professional roles and awards
Nanterme was involved with the Mouvement des Entreprises de France (MEDEF), the largest French employers' association, and served as president of the association's Commission for Economic Affairs and Public Finance from 2005 to 2013. He also served on MEDEF's executive board.
Between 2007 and 2011, Nanterme was chairman of the French consulting association SYNTEC, which has member companies from the engineering, information technology, research, and consulting sectors.
Nanterme has served on a number of task forces for the B20 Summit, and was a member of the executive board of the B20 Green Growth Action Alliance, which was launched by the World Economic Forum to work on the growing need for private funding in sustainability. He has also co-chaired the Alliance's Energy Efficiency working group and served as a member of the Economic Policy working group.
In addition to the above roles, Nanterme has served on the steering board of the European Commission's European Cloud Partnership, which aims to encourage the public sector to use cloud computing services to create economic growth in Europe. He has also acted as a board member of the TransAtlantic Business Dialogue, a group of CEOs who form policies to encourage trade between Europe and America.
- Anna Teo (30 March 2013). "The global Chevalier". Business Times (Singapore). Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- Dibyendu Ganguly (17 June 2011). "How Accenture's new CEO Pierre Nanterme wants to make the company truly global". The Economic Times. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- Alain Ruello (17 November 2005). "Un entrepreneur à la tête d'Accenture France". Les Echos. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Pierre Nanterme". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Bloomberg. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "B20 Working Groups' Contributors" (PDF). B20 Business Summit. November 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- Virgile Juhan (24 October 2010). "Les nominations du 26 octobre 2010 : acteurs IT". Journal du Net. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- Cyrille Chausson (21 October 2010). "Pierre Nanterme prendra les rênes d'Accenture en 2011". LeMagIT. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Accenture Names Pierre Nanterme Chief Leadership Officer". WebWire. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Matthew Monks (24 November 2010). "New Financial Group Chief at Accenture". American Banker. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- Carole Bellemare (1 July 2009). "Hélène Pelosse: a French Agency for Renewable Energy". Le Figaro. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Federation Syntec elects Jean-Luc Placet president" (Press release). Corporate IT Update. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- Brindusa Fidenza (28 June 2013). "Accelerating investment in green growth". Korea Times. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- Manon Malhère (3 December 2012). "INFORMATION SOCIETY : NEW PARTNERSHIP TO BOOST PUBLIC SECTOR USE OF CLOUD SERVICES". Europolitics. Retrieved 30 June 2013.(subscription required)
- "European Cloud Partnership". Digital Agenda for Europe. Retrieved 29 July 2013.