Pilar Bayona Piano Competition
The Pilar Bayona Piano Competition was a piano competition held in Zaragoza in memory of pianist Pilar Bayona (1897-1979). It was dissolved in 2004 and converted into a series of grants for Aragonese musicians. It was a member of the World Federation of International Music Competitions.
1st prize winners
- 1983 Johan Schmidt
- 1985 Martin Söderberg
- 1987 Igor Kamenz
- 1989 Oleg Marshev
- 1992 Claudio Martínez Mehner
- 1995 Valeria Resian
- 1998 Dror Biran
- 2001 Domenico Codispoti
Other notable pianists who have won prizes at the competition
- Petras Geniusas 1989, 2nd prize.
- Kirill Gerstein 1998, 2nd prize.
- Alexandre Moutouzkine 2001, 3rd prize.
- Jean-Pierre Ferey 1983, special prize.
|This music event–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|