|Directed by||P. G. Viswambharan|
|Produced by||Raju Mathew|
|Written by||C. Radhakrishnan
|Edited by||G. Venkitaraman|
Pinnilavu is a 1983 Malayalam film by P. G. Viswambharan. It stars Mammootty, Mohanlal, Poornima Jayaram, Madhu, Mukesh, Maniyan Pillai Raju, Srividya and Sukumari in lead roles. This film is about a fight of ethics between father and son. The screen play was written by Thoppis Bhasi based on the story by C. Radhakrishnan by the same name. The music was composed by Ilaiyaraaja.
Kesava Panickar (Madhu) an honest government engineer, who assiduously resists any offers of bribes. His only son Govindanunni (Mammootty) gets selected for MBBS, for which Panicker is too proud of. Unni is in love with Parvathi (Poornima Jayaram), and their marriage is almost fixed by both the parents. But changes are seen in Unni after he joins the college. Getting into bad company consisting of spoiled brats from rich families, Unni turns into alcohol, grass and porn, and stops attending his classes. Raghu (Mohanlal), the son of Padnanabhan Pillai (Adoor Bhasi), a corrupted contractor, their leader manipulates Unni by all means. Unni starts taking bribes on his father's behalf and eventually culminates in stealing money from his own house. In the process, he alienates his father and gets thrown out of home. He finds accommodation with his collegemates at the "house of sin". Later he finds it difficult to stay there as his friends began avoiding him when he was not able to pay them his part of the house-rent. Meanwhile, he is frequently visited by Parvathi, his cousin and lover. Parvathi was able to make him realise his faults but even she is not able to unite him with his father. Afterwards, Unni fixes his marriage with Parvathi, without the consent of his father. At marriage, Dr. Gopi, a family friend who financially supported Unni makes Unni realize his mistake. He reaches his father to apologize, but what he finds was his dead father.
- Madhu as Kesava Panikkar, Unni's father
- Mammootty as Govindhananunni a.k.a Unni
- Poornima Jayaram as Parvathi, Unni's cousin and lover
- Mohanlal as Raghu, Unni's friend
- Srividya as Sreedevi, Unni's mother
- Manian Pillai Raju as Sreedharan, Unni's Relative
- Adoor Bhasi as Padmanabha Pillai
- Aruna Mucherla.... Gopi's Lover
- Mukesh as Sabu, Unni's friend
- Vijayaraghavan as Wilson, Unni's friend
- Soman as Doctor Gopi
- Santhosh as Baker, Unni's friend
- Sukumari as Saraswathi, Parvathi's mother
There are three songs in the film with lyrics penned by noted poet Yusuf Ali Kechery and music scored by Ilaiyaraaja. Notably, Mammootty attempts a hip-hop dance in the song "Maane Madhurakkarimbe", sung by K. J. Yesudas.
- "Maane Madhurakkarimbe" — K. J. Yesudas
- "Nishaamanoharee " — K. J. Yesudas, Krishnachandran, S. Janaki
- "Priyane Uyir Neeye " — K. J. Yesudas, S. Janaki