Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pinning may refer to:
- Pinning, the effect of certain weapons that cause their targets to be pinned down
- Pinning ceremony, a symbolic welcoming of newly graduated nurses into the nursing profession
- Pinning force, a force acting on a pinned object from a pinning center
- Pinning (modelling), the use of pins to strengthen the joins when assembling large or heavy model kits
- Pinning points, points in a crystalline material that act to halt a dislocation's movement
- Grappling hold#Pinning hold, a hold used to control an opponent in grappling
- Flux pinning, a phenomenon that magnetic flux lines do not move despite the Lorentz force acting on them inside a current-carrying Type II superconductor
- Percutaneous pinning, a technique used by orthopedic surgeons for the stabilisation of unstable fractures
- Tree pinning, inserting spikes into trees in order to cause damage to sawmill equipment
- Zener pinning, the influence of a dispersion of fine particles on the movement of low- and high angle grain boundaries through a polycrystalline material
- HTTP Public Key Pinning, a security mechanism for HTTPS websites
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pinning.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.