From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plaisance is a French word, meaning pleasantness, derived from the Latin placentia 'acceptable things'.
The name Plaisance may refer to:
- Plaisance of Antioch (1235–1261), sometimes also referred to as Plaisance of Cyprus or Plaisance of Poitiers
Locations in Europe
- Neuilly-Plaisance, in the Seine-Saint-Denis département in France
- Plaisance, a district in the 14th arrondissement of Paris, France
- Plaisance, Aveyron, in the Aveyron département in France
- Plaisance, Dordogne, in the Dordogne département in France
- Plaisance, Gers, in the Gers département in France
- Plaisance, Vienne, in the Vienne département in France
- Plaisance-du-Touch, in the Haute-Garonne département in France
- Plasencia, Spain
- Piacenza, Italy
- Plaisance, Guernsey, Channel Islands
- Plaisance, Sark, Channel Islands
Locations in the Americas
- Plaisance, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Beards Plaisance , Minneapolis Minnesota, a park in the USA
- Plaisance, Nord, a town in the Nord department of Haiti
- Plaisance, Quebec, a village in Western Quebec
- Plaisance-du-Sud, a town in the Nippes department of Haiti
- Plaisance, a town in St. Landry Parish of Louisiana
- Midway Plaisance, a park in Chicago
- Plaisance, a community in Guyana
Locations in Africa
- Plaisance, Seychelles, an administrative district on the island of Mahé
- Plaisance, Mauritius, the location of Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport in Mauritius.
|This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.