From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the singular term and affix. For the plural term, see Plumas.
|Look up pluma in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- a soft feather of a bird.
- Plumage - the layer of feathers that cover a bird
- Plumaceous - down of birds
- Plumology - the plumage science
In natural sciences
- Plumalexiidae - an extinct monotypic family
- Plumaria - a genus of flowering plants in the family Cyperaceae
- Plumatellidae - a class of the phylum Bryozoa
- Plumatichilos - a terrestrial deciduous genus of orchids
- Plumage Archer - a member of the grass family, barley (Hordeum vulgare L.)
- Plumareola - a genus of moths in the family Arctiidae
- Plumareola lineola - a genus of moths in the family Arctiidae
- Pluma (fish) - a name in the West Indies of a fish, Calamus calamus
- Pluma porgy - an ocean-going fish of the family Sparidae, Calamus pennatula
- pluma (editor) - small and lightweight UTF-8 text editor for the MATE environment
- Pluma Hidalgo - a town and municipality in Oaxaca in south-western Mexico
- Pluma de Pato - a village and rural municipality in Salta Province in northwestern Argentina
In other uses
- Peso pluma (Spanish) - a weight class division in the sport of Boxing, Kickboxing, Mixed Martial Arts organizations and in Greco-Roman Wrestling
- Valpy, Francis Edward Jackson (1828). An Etymological Dictionary of the Latin Language. London: Trinity College, Cambridge. p. 348. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Harper, Douglas. "pluma". Etymonline.com. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Plumas (disambiguation) - Spanish for "Feathers"; disambiguation page
- Calamus (disambiguation)
- Porgy (fish)
- Bluma (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles containing "pluma"
- All pages beginning with "pluma"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to pluma.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pluma.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.