|Look up Poindexter or poindexter in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Poindexter may be used for:
- Poindexter Yothers, the older brother of actress Tina Yothers and an actor who appeared in Return From Witch Mountain; he is credited only as Poindexter in The Bob Newhart Show episode "It's a Matter of Vice-Principal"
Poindexter is a surname most commonly found in the United States but originally from the island of Jersey, where it survives in its original form of Poingdestre (literally right-hand (dextre) fist (poing) in French).
People with the surname Poindexter:
- Alan G. Poindexter (1961–2012), American astronaut and son of Admiral John Poindexter
- Buster Poindexter, pseudonym of American rock musician David Johansen (born 1950)
- Charles Poindexter (born 1942), American politician from Virginia
- George Poindexter (1779–1853), American politician
- Hildrus Poindexter (1901–1987), epidemiologist and scientist
- James Poindexter (born 1949), American Olympic sport shooter
- James T. Poindexter, American artist; he lived in Evansville, IN from 1852-1882 and was one of Indiana's mid-19th century's best known portraitists
- Jennings Poindexter (1910-1983), American baseball player
- Admiral John Poindexter (born 1936), National Security Advisor for the Reagan administration, involved in the Iran-Contra Affair
- Joseph B. Poindexter (1869–1951), territorial governor of Hawaii
- Larry Poindexter (born 1959), American actor
- Miles Poindexter (1868–1946), American politician from Washington
Art, entertainment, and media
- Poindexter, a character in the animated cartoon series Felix the Cat
- Poindexter, the main character in the film The People Under the Stairs
- Poindexter, nickname used in the kids TV show Gravity Falls by Stanley Pines (Grunkle Stan) when informally referring to his twin brother, Stanford Pines
- Sir Marmaduke Poindexter, a character in Gilbert and Sullivan's comic opera The Sorcerer.
- Arnold Poindexter, a character in the film Revenge of the Nerds and its sequel, portrayed by Timothy Busfield
- Benjamin Poindexter is an alias sometimes used by Bullseye (comics)
- Mr. Poindexter, in the Nick Carter spy novels, runs the Special Effects and Editing department (in charge of weapons, gadgets, disguises, and papers) in the US spy agency AXE, where he is the equivalent to Q in the James Bond franchise
- Sidney Poindexter, a nerdy ghost who loathes bullies, appears in the cartoon Danny Phantom
- Poindexter (album), the 2009 album title released by music artist Donald Glover, under the alias Childish Gambino
- Poindexter, a term for a nerd, referring to the animated Felix the Cat character
- Poindexter, term for sports superfan and AM Sports radio personality
- "About the Name and Coat of Arms". Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- SS Alan Poindexter, spaceship involved in Cygnus CRS OA-5
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Poindexter.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.