From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Poindexter or poindexter in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
People with the name Poindexter:
- Admiral John Poindexter (born 1936), National Security Advisor for the Reagan administration, involved in the Iran-Contra Affair
- Alan G. Poindexter (1961–2012), American astronaut and son of Admiral John Poindexter
- Buster Poindexter, pseudonym of rock musician David Johansen, (born 1950)
- Charles Poindexter (born 1942), American politician from Virginia
- George Poindexter (1779–1853), American politician
- Hildrus Poindexter (1901–1987), epidemiologist and scientist
- Jennings Poindexter (1910-1983), American baseball player
- Joseph B. Poindexter (1869–1951), territorial governor of Hawaii
- Larry Poindexter (born 1959), American actor
- Miles Poindexter (1868–1946), American politician from Washington
- James T. Poindexter, American artist, Lived in Evansville, IN from 1852-1882. He was one of Indiana's mid-19th century's best known portraitists.
- Poindexter, a character in the animated cartoon Felix the Cat
- A term for a nerd, referring to this character
- Poindexter, Georgia
- Arnold Poindexter, a character in the film Revenge of the Nerds and its sequel, portrayed by Timothy Busfield
- Mr. Poindexter, in the Nick Carter spy novels, runs the Special Effects and Editing department (in charge of weapons, gadgets, disguises, and papers) in the US spy agency AXE, where he is the equivalent to Q
- Poindexter, the main character in the film The People Under the Stairs
- Sidney Poindexter, a nerdy ghost who loathes bullies, appears in the cartoon "Danny Phantom"
- Poindexter, term for sports superfan and AM Sports radio personality
- Benjamin Poindexter is an alias sometimes used by Bullseye (comics)
- Poindexter the 2009 album title released by music artist Donald Glover under the name 'Childish Gambino'
- Poindexter Yothers, credited only as Poindexter in The Bob Newhart Show episode called It's a Matter of Vice-Principal. He is an actor whose credits also include Return From Witch Mountain and is the younger brother of actress Tina Yothers.
- Used in the kids TV show "Gravity Falls" by Stanley Pines (Grunkle Stan) when informally referring to his twin brother, Stanford Pines.
- ""About the Name and Coat of Arms"". Retrieved 13 January 2012.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Poindexter.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.