Port Royal (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Port-Royalist)
Port Royal is the former capital city of Jamaica.
Port Royal or Port Royale may also refer to:
- Habitation at Port-Royal (1605-1613), the location of France's first successful settlement in what is now Western Nova Scotia, now a National Historic Site of Canada.
- Port Royal, Annapolis County, Nova Scotia, a rural community in Nova Scotia near the site of the Habitation at Port-Royal.
- Port-Royal (Acadia) (1632-1710): a nearby fortification where the French built an unnamed Vauban earthwork with became Fort Anne. It was eventually captured by the Anglo-Americans and renamed:
- Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia, a town which exists today.
- Port Royal, Richmond County, Nova Scotia, a rural community in eastern Nova Scotia, unrelated to the above.
- Port-Royal-des-Champs, a former French abbey
- Port Royal, Kentucky, an unincorporated community in Henry County
- Port Royal, Pennsylvania, a borough in Juniata County
- Port Royal Sound, an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean in Beaufort County, South Carolina
- Port Royal, Virginia, a town
Art, entertainment, and media
- Port Royale: Gold, Power and Pirates (2003), a simulation PC game by Ascaron Entertainment
- Port Royale 2: Construction, Cartels and Conquest (2004), a sequel game by Ascaron for PC
- Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants (2012), a video game by Kalypso Media for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3
- Port Royal (2014), an award-winning family card game by Austrian board game designer Alexander Pfister
- Port-Royal Grammar (1660), a grammar textbook by clerics from Port-Royal-des-Champs Abbey
- Port Royal Logic (1662), a logic textbook by clerics from Port-Royal-des-Champs Abbey
- Port-Royal (1837-1859), a multi-volume study of the abbey of Port-Royal-des-Champs and Jansenism by Charles Augustin Sainte-Beuve
- Port-Royal (1954), a play by Henry de Montherlant set at the Port-Royal Abbey of Paris during the formulary controversy
- Port Royal (album), an album by metal band Running Wild
- port-royal (band), an Italian post-rock band
- Battle of Port Royal, a naval battle of the American Civil War at Port Royal, South Carolina
- Siege of Port Royal (1710), capture of French capital of Acadia (present day Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) by the British
- Port Royal, a brand of beer made by Cerveceria Hondurena, a SABMiller brands subsidiary located in San Pedro Sula, Honduras
- Port Royal Cigars, a tobacco products company in New Zealand
- Le Port-Royal Apartments, an apartment building in Montreal, Quebec
- Port Royal Experiment, a program begun during the American Civil War in which former slaves successfully worked on the land abandoned by plantation owners in Beaufort County, South Carolina
- Port Royal Golf Course, a golf club located in Southampton, Bermuda, notable for hosting the PGA Grand Slam of Golf in 2009 and 2010
- Port Royal Speedway, a dirt racetrack in Port Royal, Pennsylvania
Transportation and vessels
- HMS Port Royal, three ships of the Royal Navy
- Port Royal Railroad, a defunct railroad that ran from Port Royal, South Carolina, to Yemassee, South Carolina
- USS Port Royal (1862), a sidewheel steamer gunboat commissioned in 1862, active in the Civil War, and decommissioned in 1866
- USS Port Royal (CG-73), a guided missile cruiser commissioned in 1994, the last US cruiser built in the 20th century
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Port Royal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.