||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Public (NYSE: PPS)|
David Stockert (President and CEO)industry = Real Estate Investment Trust
Number of employees
Post Properties, Inc. (NYSE: PPS) is a developer and operator of multifamily communities, including resort-style garden apartments and high-density urban apartments and operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT).
Post Properties was founded in Atlanta in 1971 by John A. Williams and Douglas Bates, and initially developed and managed primarily garden-style apartments. In the late 1980s, Post shifted its focus from garden apartments and began to also explore urban "in-fill locations,” areas in once-vacant urban centers that were beginning to become residential again. In the 1990s, the company also began developing mixed-use properties, combining residential units, retail and, sometimes, office space.
Post became a public company in the summer of 1993, with its initial public offering (IPO) priced at $25.50 per share. In August 1997, Post announced a merger with Columbus Realty Trust. The $600 million company based in Dallas, Texas expanded Post's holdings by more than a third, from just over 21,000 units to more than 29,000.
Since 2000, Post has balanced its portfolio with garden, mixed-use and urban apartment communities as well as condominium developments. To achieve this balance, the company has sold some of its assets, entered into joint ventures on development projects, and made acquisitions in other key markets.
- Hoovers Profile for Post Properties
- About Post Properties
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution - Atlanta's Top 10 Developers
- Atlanta Business Chronicle - Post now embracing 'new urbanism' movement
- Founder of Apartment Company Post Properties May Return Firm to Private Status
- Atlanta Business Chronicle - Post Properties, Columbus Realty to merge
- Atlanta Business Chronicle - Atlanta slow to grasp `traditional' neighborhoods
- Tampa Bay Business Journal - Post Properties leading charge for urban apartments
- Atlanta Business Chronicle - Post Peachtree to get condo makeover
- Dallas Business Journal - Post Properties sells 2 Dallas-area apartments
- Atlanta Business Chronicle - Post Properties closes on California joint venture
- Atlanta Business Chronicle - John Williams resigns from Post Properties board, leaves company
- Atlanta Business Chronicle - Stockert brings Wall Street experience to Post