Power, Profit and Protest
The book was originally published in 1993, and the 2003 edition is substantially expanded. It contains a new chapter on "social movements and social change", and another on the "anti-corporate globalisation movement". There is a new concluding chapter on globalisation as the "cancer stage of capitalism".
Cathie Jensen-Lee writes "This book provides an interesting and thoughtful analysis of several movements for change in Australian society; namely the Aboriginal movement, the women's movement, the green movement and the anti-capitalist/anti-corporate globalisation movements."
- Power, Profit and Protest: Australian Social Movements and Globalisation
- Book Review
- Power, Profit and Protest By Verity Burgmann p. 2.
- Jensen-Lee, Cathie. Australian Journal of Politics and History Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 123-154, March 2004. (ref)
- Power, profit and protest : Australian social movements and globalisation / Verity Burgmann - Details - Trove
- Informit - Labour History - Verity Burgmann, Power, Profit and Protest : Australian Social Movements and Globalisation [Book Review] (Business Collection)
- O'Hara on Burgmann Power, profit and protest
- Fighting for the Forests. Ron Chapman (PhD) 2008, p18. (in research)
- The workers' flag is deepest green. Jeff Sparrow. Seminar, Australian National University, October 2004. (in teaching)
- David Sprigg (in social policy research)