|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Science|
|Awards||Vasvik Award,MRSI Lecture award|
|Fields||Polymer Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Polymer Materials|
Prabha R. Chatterji is an Indian scientist at John F. Welch Technology Centre (formerly General Electric Global Research and Technology Development center), Bangalore, India. She has been formerly a senior scientist at Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad and a past member of the Executive Committee of the Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs, India. She works primarily related to scientific and technical education in India.
Education and career
She graduated from a small college in a nondescript village near Ottappalam in Kerala. As a college student, she was awarded National Science Talent Search Scholarship by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. This scholarship helped her pursue her post graduation, PhD in 1977 and subsequently a career in Science.
She is also involved in policies of scientific and technical education in India.
Chatterji has published 41 papers and has an h-index of 16.
- Chatterji, Prabha R. "Gelatin with hydrophilic/hydrophobic grafts and glutaraldehyde crosslinks". Journal of Applied Polymer Science. 37 (8): 2203–2212. doi:10.1002/app.1989.070370812.
- Chatterji, Prabha R. (5 August 1990). "Interpenetrating hydrogel networks. I. The gelatin–polyacrylamide system". Journal of Applied Polymer Science. 40 (34): 401–410. doi:10.1002/app.1990.070400308.
- "Prabha Chatterji". Women in science: an Indian Academy of Sciences initiative. Indian Academy of Sciences. 2007. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Executive committee for 2011-2014". Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs - India. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Smt. Chandaben Mohanbhai Patel Industrial Research Award for Women Scientists". Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "The Women Scientists of India | Women in Science | Initiatives | Indian Academy of Sciences". www.ias.ac.in. Retrieved 2018-01-20.