|Born||4 September 1953|
|Alma mater||IIT Kanpur|
University of Hawaii
Carnegie Mellon University
|Employer||Juniper Networks, Fungible Inc.|
|Known for||Co-founder, Juniper Networks|
|Title||Chief Scientist, Juniper Networks, CEO & Founder, Fungible|
Pradeep Sindhu is an Indian American business executive. He is the chief executive officer (CEO) and founder of data center technology company Fungible. Previously, he co-founded Juniper Networks, where he was the chief scientist and served as CEO until 1996.
Sindhu holds a B.Tech. in electrical engineering (1974) from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, M.S. in electrical engineering (1976) from the University of Hawaii, and a PhD (1982) in computer science from Carnegie Mellon University where he studied under Bob Sproull.
Sindhu had worked at the Computer Science Lab of Xerox PARC for 11 years. Sindhu worked on design tools for very-large-scale integration (VLSI) of integrated circuits and high-speed interconnects for shared memory architecture multiprocessors.
Sindhu founded Juniper Networks along with Dennis Ferguson and Bjorn Liencres in February 1996 in California. The company was subsequently reincorporated in Delaware in March 1998 and went public on 25 June 1999.
Sindhu's earlier work subsequently influenced the architecture, design, and development of Sun Microsystems' first high-performance multiprocessor system family, which included systems such as the SS1000 and SC2000.
Sindhu is the founder and CEO of data center technology company Fungible.
- "On the record: Scott Kriens and Pradeep Sindhu". The San Francisco Chronicle. 14 March 2004. Retrieved 11 June 2008. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
- "Juniper Networks Shares Soar on First Trading Day". wsj.com. 28 June 1999. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "Juniper Co-Founder Sindhu Steps Back". lightreading.com. 6 February 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "Juniper founder, CTO Sindhu cuts role to focus on startup". networkworld.com. 6 February 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "Juniper Networks co-founder steps aside to lead cloud startup". www.bizjournals.com. 7 February 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2019.