Sharma is the author of the poetry collections Grief Sequence (Wave Books, 2019), Undergloom (Fence Books, 2013), Infamous Landscapes (Fence Books, 2007), The Opening Question (Fence Books, 2004), which won the 2004 Fence Modern Poets Prize, and Bliss to Fill (Subpress, 2000).
Sharma is the founder of the conference Thinking Its Presence: Race, Creative Writing, Literary Studies and Art. A recipient of the 2010 Howard Foundation Award, she has taught at the University of Montana and now teaches at Pomona College.
- "Prageeta Sharma on Writing Through Grief". thecreativeindependent.com. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Prageeta Sharma". Wave Books. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- Poets, Academy of American. "About Prageeta Sharma | Academy of American Poets". poets.org. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Bliss to Fill". www.publishersweekly.com. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Thinking Its Presence 2017". Poetry Center. 2017-01-30. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Prageeta Sharma". Pomona College in Claremont, California - Pomona College. 2019-07-01. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- Faculty page at Pomona College