Prairie High School (Vancouver, Washington)
|Prairie High School|
|Brush Prairie, Washington
|Color(s)||Crimson and gold|
|Website||Prairie High School|
Prairie High School is a high school in Brush Prairie, Washington, United States. Built in 1979, it is part of the Battle Ground School District of public schools in Clark County, located in the southwest region of the state.
Academics and opportunities
Prairie High School offers a variety of career and technical programs, including AFJROTC, DECA FBLA, FFA, FCCLA[clarification needed], Computer, Industrial and Auto. In addition to the core academic classes, Prairie offers a variety of classes and programs in art, music, drama, foreign language, sign language, Special Education,and ELL.
Prairie is a member of the Washington Interscholastic Athletics Association (WIAA) and a participant in the Greater St. Helens 3A league.
The following teams have won state championships:
- Baseball: 1986, 1989
- Bowling: 2011
- Girls' basketball: 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2012
- Girls' golf: 1993
- Softball: 2000, 2006
- Volleyball: 1998, 2012
- Lance Bade, Olympic bronze medalist in trap shooting 1996
- Jaime Herrera Beutler, Congresswoman
- Ashely Corrall, 2008 McDonald's All-American; played in China
- Dan Dickau, played in the NBA for several teams
- Alan Embree, MLB pitcher with the Colorado Rockies
- Ana Matronic, born Anna Lynch, of the Scissor Sisters
- Richie Sexson, MLB, played for the Cleveland Indians and Seattle Mariners
- Washington Interscholastic Athletics Association. Tournament History: Championship Information.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Battle Ground School District No. 119
- Official website
- Battle Ground School District Report Card
- GSHL Football - Prairie High School
|This Washington (state) school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|