Jump to navigation Jump to search
Preferential voting or preference voting may refer to different election systems or groups of election systems:
- Ranked voting methods, all election methods that involve ranking candidates in order of preference (American literature)
- Optional preferential voting
- Instant-runoff voting, referred to as "preferential voting" in Australia and as "ranked choice voting" in United States, is one type of ranked voting method.
- Single transferable vote (referred to as "preferential voting" in Australia)
- Positional voting
- Open list proportional representation, sometimes known as "preferential voting" in Europe and nations such as Sri Lanka
- Bucklin voting, which was sometimes known as "preferential voting" when used in the United States
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Preferential voting.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.