From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Preferential voting may refer to:
- Ranked voting systems, all election methods that involve ranking candidates in order of preference
- Instant-runoff voting, referred to as "preferential voting" in Australia, is one type of ranked voting system.
- Range voting, in which voters assign points to each candidate
- Open list, sometimes known as "preferential voting" in Europe and nations such as Sri Lanka
- Bucklin voting, which was sometimes known as "preferential voting" when used in the United States
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Preferential voting.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.