President's Day Split 7"
|EP (split) by Rick Johnson Rock and Roll Machine/Bomb the Music Industry!|
|Released||February 20, 2006|
|Producer||Bomb the Music Industry!|
|Bomb the Music Industry! chronology|
Presidents Day is a split 7″ by Rick Johnson Rock and Roll Machine and Bomb the Music Industry! released on Asbestos Records. Each band contributed three songs, including a cover song originally performed by the other band. It is limited to 600 copies on marble gray vinyl. The first 400 were hand-numbered out of 400.
The split was released to benefit a friend of the bands, Dan Lang-Gunn, who fell under cardiac arrest. The profits were used to pay for Lang-Gunn’s medical bills.
- Side A
- Rick Johnson Rock and Roll Machine
- "Thanks for Being Born in July"
- "Funcoland Vs. the Southern Electorate" (Bomb the Music Industry! cover)
- "My Mom Thinks the FBI Are Going to Open a File on Me."
- Note: On the cover art, track three is labeled “Edith Wilson Bought a Power Suit”. Despite this, the track is listed as “My Mom Thinks the FBI Are Going to Open a File on Me” on the record, in the liner notes, and in all press releases.
- Side B
- Bomb the Music Industry!
- "This Year for Presidents’ Day, I’m Giving Up on Rock and Roll" - 2:39
- "4 Inches" (Rick Johnson Rock and Roll Machine cover) - 0:26
- "Come On, This Shit Is Getting Ridiculous." - 1:28