From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up prime mover or prime movers in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Prime mover may refer to:
- Prime mover, a machine that converts energy from natural sources, into mechanical energy.
- Prime mover (locomotive), a component of a locomotive
- A tractor unit, a heavy-duty towing engine that serves as a "prime mover" providing motive power for hauling a towed or trailered load, including:
- Artillery tractor, a military vehicle for hauling an artillery piece
- Ballast tractor, a heavy haulage road or off-road vehicle designed to pull or push heavy or exceptionally large loads using a drawbar
- Heavy hauler, a large transporter for moving oversize loads too large for road travel without an escort and special permit
- Steam tractor, a vehicle powered by a steam engine which is used for pulling
- Tractor, a vehicle specifically designed to deliver a high tractive effort (or torque) at slow speeds, often in agricultural and construction applications
- A stationary engine unit that powers a rotating eccentric drum (on a vertical shaft), which in turn pulls cables each operating the pump jack above an oil well.
- Prime mover theory (Latin: primum movens), a monotheistic concept advanced by Aristotle as a primary cause or "mover" of all the motion in the universe
- Prime Mover (film), a 2009 Australian romantic crime film
- "The Prime Mover", an episode of The Twilight Zone
- Prime Mover (comics), a fictional character in the Marvel Universe
- Prime Mover, a video game published by Psygnosis in 1993
- The Prime Movers, a quasi-omniscient race of alien superbeings in the Buck Godot comic series by Phil Foglio
- Prime Mover (album), a 1988 album by AD featuring Kerry Livgren
- "Prime Mover", the 1987 single from Zodiac Mindwarp
- "Prime Mover", a song on Rush's 1987 album Hold Your Fire
- "Prime Mover", a song on Ghost's 2010 album Opus Eponymous
- The Prime Movers (Michigan band), a 1960s band featuring a pre-Stooges Iggy Pop
- The Prime Movers (Los Angeles band), a predecessor band of Dread Zeppelin
- The Prime Movers, a band founded by Graham Day of The Prisoners
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Prime mover.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.