First edition cover
|Series||The Vampire Chronicles|
|Published||October 28, 2014|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|Preceded by||Blood Canticle|
|Followed by||Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis|
Prince Lestat is novel by American writer Anne Rice, the eleventh in The Vampire Chronicles series, published on October 28, 2014. Rice had originally stated the novel Blood Canticle was meant to conclude the series, but in March 2014 she had announced a forthcoming novel that would be a sequel to the first five books and the start of a new series. She also announced via her personal Facebook that she had begun writing a follow-up novel to Prince Lestat, tentatively titled Blood Paradise, then retitled Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis.
When Rice was on her son Christopher Rice's radio program, "The Dinner Party with Christopher Rice and Eric Shaw Quinn", she announced that her novel Prince Lestat could be considered a sequel to her novel The Queen of the Damned since many characters that appeared therein will reappear in Prince Lestat, while at the same time, readers might see a revisiting of key themes.
Rice's Vampire Chronicles have sold over 20 million copies in the U.S.
Over a decade after the events of Blood Canticle, the remaining vampires of the world are in chaos. The most famous of them all, Lestat de Lioncourt, finds himself called upon to come out of his self-imposed exile to reassert order, and is reunited with fellow vampires ancient and new: Louis and Armand, Pandora, Marius, Maharet and Mekare, the former Talamasca leader David Talbot and even Lestat's distant mother Gabrielle.
- Brennan, Jude (March 17, 2014). "Is Anne Rice Too Late To Her Own Party With New Lestat Book?". Forbes. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- Kellogg, Carolyn (March 10, 2014). "Anne Rice brings back her vampire antihero with Prince Lestat". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- Flood, Alison (March 11, 2014). "Anne Rice revives much-loved vampire for new novel Prince Lestat". The Guardian. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- Moore, Debi (March 21, 2014). "Anne Rice Teases Her Next Book After Prince Lestat; Possible Title Revealed". Dread Central. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- Seikaly, Andrea (March 10, 2014). "Anne Rice Announces New 'Vampire Chronicles' Book". Scene. Variety Media, LLC. Retrieved April 26, 2014.
Rice said Prince Lestat will be a 'true sequel' to her 1988 novel Queen of the Damned...
- "Anne Rice revives Lestat; new book, 'Prince Lestat,' scheduled to come out Oct. 28". March 11, 2014. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Rafferty, Terrence (October 24, 2014). "Be Very Afraid: Reviews of Anne Rice's Prince Lestat, and More". The New York Times. Retrieved November 11, 2014.