Priyadarshini-class patrol vessel
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Priyadarshini-class patrol vessels (also referred to as Jija Bai Mod 1 class) are a series of 8 mid-shore fast patrol boats, built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers, Kolkata and Goa Shipyard Limited, Vasco da Gama, Goa for Indian Coast Guard between 1991 and 1998.
The 46 metre-long vessels with a displacement of 215 tonnes have a top speed of 24 knots. The vessels are powered by two MTU 12V538 diesel engines driving two independent four-blade propellers. The Priyadarshini class has a range of 2400 nm at cruise speed of 12 knots. The crew of the patrol vessels consists of 5 officers and 29 enlisted sailors. The vessels are armed with a 40 mm 60 cal Bofors Mk 3 AA. In early 1998, ICGS Amrit Kaur (225) acted as a trial platform for the 30 mm CRN 91 Naval Gun.
Ships of the class
|Name||Pennant Number||Date of Commission||Date of Decommission||Homeport|
|ICGS Razia Sultana||222||18-11-1992||Paradip|
|ICGS Annie Beseant (GSL MAKE)||223||07-12-1991||10-01-2014||Manglore|
|ICGS Kamla Devi (GSL MAKE)||224||20-05-1992||Goa|
|ICGS Amrit Kaur (GSL MAKE)||225||20-03-1993||Mumbai|
|ICGS Kanak Lata Barua||226||27-03-1997||Port Blair|
|ICGS Bhikaji Cama||227||24-09-1997||Port Blair|
|ICGS Sucheta Kripalani||228||16-03-1998||Kolkata|
- Displacement: 215 tonnes
- Length: 46 meter
- Beam: 7.5 meter
- Draught: 1.85 meter
- Speed: 24 Knots
- Armament: 40 mm 60 cal Bofors Mk 3 AA or 1x30 CRN 91; 2x7.62 mm MG
- Radar: BEL make-1*Decca 1245/6X or Decca 1226 for navigation
- Power: 2 MTU 12V538 TB82 diesel
- Propulsion: 2*4 Blade propeller, 5940 bhp
- Electric: 240 kW (3*80 kW, 315 V,50 Hz Diesel driven)
- Range: 2400 nm at 12 knots
- Crew: 5 officers. 29 enlisted.
- Fuel: 20 Tonnes
- "Rest easy, Vizag's coast is guarded". The Hindu. 2009-02-16. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Coast Guard helps curb oil pollution off Orissa". www.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Coast Guard, Navy rescue crew members of Ocean Sekaya". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Coast guard resuces 7 fishermen - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "MV Rak: After spill, damage-control mission begins | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Coast Guard Conducts Drawing and Painting Competition". andamanchronicle.net. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Coast Guard rescues 102 from Andaman Sea, 310 feared dead". news.webindia123.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Trespass cuffs on 56 Bangla fishermen - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-12-28.