|Privately held company|
|Headquarters||Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States|
|Products||Aircraft plans, parts and kits|
Pro-Composites, Inc is an American aircraft manufacturer based in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. The company is owned by Scott VanderVeen and specializes in the design and manufacture of aircraft design plans, parts and kits for amateur construction.
The company was originally formed at and had its flight testing and manufacturing operations in Daytona Beach, Florida, circa 2008. By 2010 operations had been moved to Waukegan Regional Airport, near Chicago, with its business address at Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
The company's designs are all based on the design work of Steve Rahn and his use of pre-formed flat fiberglass and foam composite panels which are then radius bent to shape, a method they refer to as "Fold-a-Plane". The company is currently developing the four seat Pro-Composites Freedom.
|Model name||First flight||Number built||Type|
|Pro-Composites Personal Cruiser||1 (2011)||Single seat composite kit aircraft|
|Pro-Composites Vision||Two seat composite kit aircraft|
|Pro-Composites Freedom||Four seat composite plans-built aircraft|
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, pages 115-116. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Pro-Composites (n.d.). "Contact us". Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- Vandermeullen, Richard: 2012 Kit Aircraft Buyer's Guide, Kitplanes, Volume 28, Number 12, December 2011, pages 66. Belvoir Publications. ISSN 0891-1851
- Downey, Julia: 2008 Kit Aircraft Directory, Kitplanes, Volume 24, Number 12, December 2007, page 53. Primedia Publications. ISSN 0891-1851
- Jackson, Paul (ed): Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2011-2012, page 839. Jane's Information Group, 2011. ISBN 978-0-7106-29555
- Jackson, Paul (ed): Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2010-2011, pages 894-895. Jane's Information Group, 2011. ISBN 978-0-7106-29166
- Jackson, Paul (ed): Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2009-2010, page 873. Jane's Information Group, 2011. ISBN 978-0-7106-28800
- Jackson, Paul (ed): Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2008-2009, page 851. Jane's Information Group, 2011. ISBN 978-0-7106-28374
- Pro-Composites (n.d.). "Welcome to the home of Pro-Composites". Retrieved 14 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pro-Composites.|