From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Proetus, son of Thersander (son of Sisyphus) and father of Maera who died a maiden. Scholiasts on the Odyssey confound him with the Argive Proetus.
- Proetus of Thebes, eponym of the Proetid Gates, and father of Galanthis.
- Proetus, a son of Nauplius I and father of Lernus. His mother was either Clymene, or Philyra, or Hesione.
- Proetus, a son of Agenor (?). It is unclear whether Stephanus is referring to a son of Agenor named Proetus, or to the Argive Proetus as a descendant of Agenor.
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Smith, William, ed. (1870). "article name needed". Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology.
|This article includes a list of Greek mythological figures with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific Greek mythology article referred you to this page, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended Greek mythology article, if one exists.|