The Prometheus Institute
The Prometheus Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public policy organization founded in 2003. The organization is "dedicated to discovering independent policy solutions to pressing national issues, and creatively marketing these ideas to the people of the United States, especially the younger generations." Current projects include:
- DIY Democracy, a free application for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad, which "allows users to communicate directly with leaders at local, state and federal levels of government" instantly and conveniently.
- People for the American Dream, a project designed to inspire young entrepreneurs
- StateHouseCall.org, a blog devoted to decentralized health care solutions
- Schusterman, Michelle (January 28, 2010). "DIY Democracy: Run for President From Your iPhone". The iPhone App Review. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- Lorenz, Scott (February 6, 2010). "California Only iPhone App on 25,000 Annual Download Pace – Connects People to Their Government". Expert Click. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- Bock, Alan W. (October 14, 2009). "How America can avoid fate of other empires". The Orange County Register. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- Rosenberg, Jeremy (January 11, 2010). "Meet Prometheus (interview)". Think Tank LA (KCET). Retrieved 22 February 2010.