(Redirected from Proportionate)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up proportionality in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Proportionality may refer to:
- Proportionality (mathematics), the property of two variables being in a multiplicative relation to a constant
- Proportionality (law), a legal principle under municipal law in which the punishment of a certain crime should be in proportion to the severity of the crime itself, and under international law an important consideration when assessing the military necessity of an attack on a military objective
|Look up proportion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Proportion redirects here. The proportion may refer to:
- The ratio of one quantity to another, especially of a part compared to a whole (see also fraction). In another mathematical context, a proportion is the statement of equality between two ratios.
- Proportion (architecture) describes the relationships between elements of a design
- Body proportions, in art, are the study of relation of human body parts to each other and the whole
- Proportions, or geometric aspect ratio
Proportional redirects here. Proportional may refer to:
- Proportional division means that a resource is divided among n partners such that each partner receives a part worth for him at least 1/n of the whole.
- Proportionally fair – a compromise-based scheduling algorithm, based upon maintaining a balance between two competing interests: Trying to maximize total throughput while allowing all users at least a minimal level of service.
- A proportional control system is a type of linear feedback control system
- Proportional representation in electoral systems
- Proportional fonts
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Proportionality.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.