From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Proportionate)
|Look up proportionality in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Proportionality may refer to:
- Proportionality (mathematics), the relationship of two variables whose ratio is constant
- Proportionality (law), A legal principle under municipal law in which the punishment of a certain crime should be in proportion to the severity of the crime itself, and under international law an important consideration when assessing the military necessity of an attack on a military objective
- Proportionality (political maxim), A maxim which states that any layer of government should not take any action that exceeds that which is necessary to achieve the objective of government
|Look up proportion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Proportion redirects here. Proportion may refer to:
- The ratio of one quantity to another, especially of a part compared to a whole (see also fraction). In another mathematical context, a proportion is the statement of equality between two ratios.
- Proportion (architecture) describes the relationships between elements of a design
- Body proportions, in art, are the study of relation of human body parts to each other and the whole
- Proportions, or geometric aspect ratio
Proportional redirects here. Proportional may refer to:
- Proportional division means that a resource is divided among partners such that each partner receives a part worth for him at least of the whole.
- Proportionally fair - a compromise-based scheduling algorithm, based upon maintaining a balance between two competing interests: Trying to maximize total throughput while allowing all users at least a minimal level of service.
- A proportional control system is a type of linear feedback control system
- Proportional representation in electoral systems
- Proportional fonts
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Proportionality.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.