From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Proserpina or Proserpine is the Roman goddess of springtime and wife of Pluto.
It may also refer to:
- Proserpina Dam, Mérida
- Proserpina (gastropod), genus of land snails in the family Proserpinidae
- Proserpine (Lully), an opera by Jean-Baptiste Lully
- Proserpine (play), an 1820 play by Mary Shelley and Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Proserpine (Rossetti painting), a painting by artist Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1874)
- Proserpine, Queensland, a town in Queensland, Australia
- French frigate Proserpine (1785)
- HMS Proserpine, any one of several ships of the Royal Navy
- USS Proserpine (ARL-21), a United States Navy Achelous-class landing craft repair ship commissioned in 1945
- 26 Proserpina, an asteroid discovered in 1853
- Proserpina, an 1879 book by John Ruskin about wayside flowers
- Prosperpina, a character in Larry Niven's Ringworld's Children
- Song of Proserpine, a poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley, published in 1839
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Proserpina.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.