Public Religion Research Institute
This article contains content that is written like text from a press kit or mission statement. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|CEO||Robert P. Jones|
|Address||2027 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20036
The Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) is an American nonprofit, nonpartisan research and education organization that conducts public opinion polls on a variety of different topics, specializing in the quantitative and qualitative study of political issues as they relate to religious values. PRRI is a public resource for journalists, scholars, policy makers and the general public.
History and activities
PRRI was founded in 2009 by Robert P. Jones, a scholar and author on religion and public policy who holds a Ph.D. in religion from Emory University; Jones has since served as chief executive officer.
PRRI is a member of the National Council of Public Polls and is a founding member of the Transparency Initiative at the American Association for Public Opinion Research.
PRRI partners with media outlets, think tanks, and academic institutions. Partners include The Atlantic, The Brookings Institution’s Governance Studies Program, the American Academy of Religion (AAR), and Georgetown University’s Berkley Center for Religion, Peace & World Affairs. All PRRI data is publicly available at the PRRI website and on The Roper Center archives at Cornell University.
In 2014, PRRI launched the American Values Atlas, an interactive online tool that provides information about religious, political and demographic composition for all 50 states and particular issues.
All PRRI surveys are based on probability sampling methods. For all national surveys, interviews are conducted in English and Spanish. Telephone surveys are conducted by professional interviewers on both cell phones and landlines.
PRRI divides its research into ten topics.
- Abortion & Reproductive Health
- Climate Change & Science
- Law & Criminal Justice
- Politics & Elections
- Race & Ethnicity
- Religion & Culture
- "Public Religion Research Institute". Berkley Center for Religion, Peace & World Affairs. Georgetown University. berleycenter.georgetown.edu. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Robert P. Jones" [author biography], in: Dispatches from: Inside the Beltway" (April 16, 2008). Religion Dispatches. religiondispatches.org. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- Lennox, Claire Asbury (August 9, 2016) "Lecture to explore 'The End of White Christian America'". Emory News. Emory University. news.emory.edu. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "About the American Values Atlas". Public Religion Research Institute. ava.prri.org. Retrieved 2017-05-02.