Q Link Wireless
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)
|Owner||Quadrant Holdings LLC|
Q Link Wireless is an American telecommunications company based in Dania, Florida that provides free wireless services to Lifeline eligible consumers. The company also offers prepaid mobile phone services including wireless voice, messaging, and data services under the Hello Mobile brand.
Q Link Wireless is one of multiple companies owned and operated under Quadrant Holdings, and was founded in 2011 by its CEO, Issa Asad. Asad has been the company’s only CEO since its founding.
Q Link Wireless provides service for low-income-eligible individuals who do not already have a Lifeline account. The Lifeline service is funded through the Universal Service Fund. The Lifeline program is available to eligible low-income consumers in every state, territory, commonwealth, and on Tribal land. Applications for service can be made through the Q Link Wireless homepage or by mailing or faxing the application form. Q Link Wireless is contracted with T-Mobile as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator.
Customers may purchase more minutes once their free monthly benefit is exhausted.
Lifeline phone plans
Q Link Wireless offers a general Lifeline phone plan called “Always On Plan”.
Q Link Wireless offers free or discounted service to eligible Americans who are currently enrolled in a government benefit program or meet certain low-income requirements for their state. Government benefit programs that meet qualifications are standard and set by FCC, but commonly include Food Stamps (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Medicaid, and Supplemental Security Income.
In July 2014, CEO Issa Asad was arrested for fatally running over a groundskeeper following a dispute over $65. Asad pled no contest and was sentenced to one year of probation. Asad had previously pled guilty in 1995 to aggravated battery of a police officer and was sentenced to three months probation.
On June 9, 2021, the company's Florida headquarters was raided by the United States Postal Inspection Service for an investigation that has been ongoing since 2019, the reason for the investigation was not disclosed.
- GmbH, finanzen net. "South Florida-Based Hello Mobile Beats Nationwide Prepaid Prices | Markets Insider". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2020-02-28.
- "News & Events | Quadrant Holdings LLC & Issa Asad". Quadrant Holdings, LLC. Retrieved 2020-02-28.
- "Lifeline Program for Low-Income Consumers". Federal Communications Commission. 27 January 2012. Retrieved November 18, 2017.
- "What Network Does Qlink Wireless Use?". Wireless Devices Reviews. 2019-12-21. Retrieved 2020-02-28.
- Federal Communications Commission
- Cardenas, Alexa (2018-07-03). "Q Link's Phone Plan: Everything You Wanted to Know". Q Link Wireless Blog. Retrieved 2020-02-28.
- "Lifeline Support for Affordable Communications". 4 March 2016.
- "Fatal Dania Beach standoff sparked by dispute over $65, police say". Sun Sentinel. 22 July 2014.
- Scouten, Ted (9 June 2021). "Dania Beach Wireless Business Raided By Feds". CBS Miami.
- "Update: Reduced Charge, Probation For Man Charged In Fatal Dania Beach Standoff". CBS Miami. 21 July 2014.