Qalandar Baba Auliya
Syed Muhammad Azeem Barkhiyya
Uttar Pradesh, India
|Died||27 January 1979 (aged 80–81)|
|Sufism, Islamic studies|
|Silsila-i-Azeemiyya, evolution of Sufism|
Qalandar Baba Auliya (Urdu: قلندر با با اولیا) is the title of the Sufi mystic Muhammad Azeem Barkhiyya (1898 – 27 January 1979), the founder of the Azeemiyya order of Sufis. He was given the honorifics Abdal-i-Haq and Hasn-e-Ukhra.
One week before his death he told his followers and friends; "I am a guest here for a maximum of one week". He appointed Khwaja Shamsuddin Azeemi head of the order of the Azeemia and died, on 27 January 1979. His tomb is in the Shadman Town subdivision of Karachi.
|Part of a series on Islam|
- http://auracolor.wordpress.com/qalander-bab-aulia/ Biography Qalandar Ba Ba Auliya
- https://web.archive.org/web/20121227123448/http://www.azeemiasilsila.org/ Official Website
- https://web.archive.org/web/20071020071100/http://www.mmhall.net/ Meditation Halls Network
- http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/irfanfarooqi/ShrineQalandarBabaAuliaTheGreatSpiritualScientist Pictures of Shrine of Qalandar Baba Aulia
- http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/qalander+baba+/video/x7yvox_urs-2009-canada_people See the short documentary of Qalandar Baba Auliya