On 2 October 2003, Ismail, Ahmed Khadr and his son Abdulkareem, al-Jowfi, al-Iraqi and Khalid Habib were all staying at a South Waziristan safe house. The following day, after Fajr prayers, Khadr told his son that Pakistani troops had warned a raid was scheduled in the village, and told him to start moving. A few minutes later, a Pakistani helicopter team and hundreds of security forces attacked the village.
- Pak Tribune, "Taliban claim killing 20 US troops in Kunar. Dozens die as US jets bomb civilians", 14 July 2008
- Shepherd, Michelle, "Guantanamo's Child", 2008
- Musharraf, Pervez, "In the Line of Fire: A Memoir", 2006
- New York Times, Qaeda Suspects Seized , 22 August 2004
- China Daily, Pakistan foils terror plots[permanent dead link], 22 August 2004
|This biographical article about a person notable in connection with Islam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|