Quatermass may best be known as the surname of the title character of a British science fiction franchise of several television serials and films, and a radio production. Other notable uses of the word were inspired by this franchise.
Professor Bernard Quatermass is a fictional scientist created by the writer Nigel Kneale, who appeared in several British dramatized productions:
- The Quatermass Experiment (BBC Television, 1953)
- Quatermass II (BBC Television, 1955)
- Quatermass and the Pit (BBC Television, 1958–59)
- Quatermass (TV serial and film) (Thames Television, 1979), a 4-part TV series also distributed internationally as a film titled The Quatermass Conclusion or Quatermass IV.
- The Quatermass Experiment (2005) (BBC Four, 2005), a live broadcast remake of the original serial
- The Quatermass Xperiment (Hammer Film Productions, 1955), released in the USA as The Creeping Unknown or Shock!!
- Quatermass 2 (Hammer Film Productions, 1957), released in the USA as The Enemy from Space
- Quatermass and the Pit (Hammer Film Productions, 1967), released in the USA as Five Million Years to Earth
- The Quatermass Memoirs (BBC Radio 3, 1996)
- Quatermass (band), a British band
- Quatermass (album), their self-titled album
- Martin Quatermass, a pseudonym used by film director John Carpenter as writer of the screenplay for the film Prince of Darkness
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Quatermass.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.