Quinsy Gario (born 1984) is an activist in the movement against Zwarte Piet, as well as a performance artist.
Gario created the project Zwarte Piet is Racisme (Black Pete is Racism) about Zwarte Piet. In 2011 he was arrested for public disturbance at the traditional annual Sinterklaas festival where he was protesting against the use of Zwarte Piet. He appeared on a national television talk show in 2013 "to make his case" which was part of a series of events in October that The Economist says "polaris[ed] cultural life and dragging in celebrities, politicians, and even the UN" and "changed Zwarte Piet". For many, even if a year ago he was not a symbol of Dutch racism, he is now."
- "Quinsy Gario". framerframed.nl.
- Gario, Quinsy. "Quinsy Gario". Creative African Network. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "ZWARTE PIET IS RACISME". tumblr.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 24, 2013. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- Bijnsdorp, Laura (2 December 2011). "Quinsy Gario on Zwarte Piet". Daily Herald. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "Is Zwarte Piet racism?". The Economist. 2 November 2013. Retrieved 9 January 2014.