May 11, 1988 |
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school:||Montgomery, Texas |
|College:||Prairie View A&M|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Quinton Spears (born May 11, 1988) is a former American football linebacker of the National Football League (NFL). He was a 3-year-letter wide receiver at Montgomery High School near Conroe, Texas and received a scholarship to Prairie View A&M University where he was switched to tight end and finally defensive line. While at Prairie View A&M, Spears was a unanimous preseason All-SWAC first team selection as a defensive end in 2009.
Spears signed a reserve/futures contract with the Indianapolis Colts on December 31, 2012. On August 13, 2013, he was waived-injured by the Colts. On the next day, he cleared waivers and was placed on the Colts' injured reserve list. On September 10, 2013 the Indianapolis Colts waived linebacker Quinton Spears (hamstring) from injured reserve.
Spears has one son, Quinton Spears II. His mother played collegiate basketball and was a standout athlete at Memorial High School in Victoria, Texas Their team name was "The Stingarettes." He also has one sibling Adrea Davis. Spears currently resides in Montgomery, Texas.
- Meyer, B (2011). "Montgomery grads head to NFL training camps". The Courier. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "Quinton Spears Biography". Cleveland Browns. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- Indianapolis Colts waived Quinton Spears off Injured Reserve, CBSsports, September 10, 2013.
- Archer, Todd (January 8, 2014). "Cowboys sign four players". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-03-16.
- Dallas Cowboys release Quinton Spears, CBSsports, May 12, 2014.