Quique Dacosta is the chef of an eponymous Spanish restaurant in Dénia, Province of Alicante, Spain. Following the closure of elBulli, Dacosta is one of the new leaders of avant-garde cuisine in Spain.
He is the president of the advisory board at GASMA (Gastronomy and Culinary Management Campus).
Chef and Owner of:
- "Quique Dacosta Restaurant" in Denia (3* Michelin Stars and 3 Repsol)
- "El Poblet" (1* Michelin Star and 2 Repsol Suns)
- "Vuelve Carolina" (1 Repsol Sun)
- "Mercat Bar" in Valencia
- "National Prize for Gastronomy", awarded by The Spanish Royal Academy of Gastronomy, 2005 and 2009
- Millesime Chef Award 2013
- Best Restaurant in Europe according to “Opinionated About Dining” 2012 and 2013
- (Ranks 39) in The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, 2015 by prestigious magazine “The Restaurant”
- Doctor Honoris Causa by the faculty of Fine Arts of the Miguel Hernández University, Elche.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Quique Dacosta.|
- Official website
- El Poblet Restaurant
- Vuelve Carolina Restaurant (Spanish Language)
- Miguel Hernàndez University
|This biographical article on a chef is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|