|Look up Quote, mention, quote, quotes, or quoting in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: quotations|
Quotation is the repetition of someone else's statement or thoughts. Quotation marks are punctuation marks used in text to indicate the words of another speaker or writer. Both of these words are sometimes abbreviated as "quote(s)".
Quote may also refer to:
- String literals, computer programming languages' facility for embedding text in source code
- Quoting in Lisp, the Lisp programming language's notion of quoting
- Quoted-printable, encoding method for data transmission
- Usenet quoting, the conventions used by Usenet and e-mail users when quoting a portion of the original message in a response message
- Financial quote or sales quote, commercial statement detailing a set of products and services to be purchased in a single transaction by one party from another for a defined price
- Quote.com, a financial website
- Quote notation, representation of certain rational numbers
- Quote... Unquote, panel game on BBC Radio 4
- Quote (magazine), a Dutch magazine. Most notable for publishing a yearly list of the 500 richest Dutchmen (nl:Quote 500).
- Quote, the protagonist of the 2004 platform game Cave Story
Speech and written text
- Nested quotation, quotation inside a quotation
- Block quotation and Pull quotes, methods to highlight quotations in texts or on web pages
- Quotation mark glyphs, air quotes, and scare quotes, punctuation marks and their usage
- Quotation mining, compiling quotations
- Quoting out of context, a form of fallacy
- Use–mention distinction and quasi-quotation, the philosophical distinction between mentioning a word and using it to denote a thing or idea
- [ http://www.activequotes.net/
- Mention (blogging), a means by which a blog post references or links to a user's profile
- Posting style, quoting the original message when a message is replied to in e-mail, Internet forums, or Usenet
- Quotation (disambiguation)
|Look up quote in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Quote.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.