Jump to navigation Jump to search
Quote is a hypernym of quotation, as the repetition or copy of a prior statement or thought. Quotation marks are punctuation marks that indicate a quotation. Both quotation and quotation marks are sometimes abbreviated as "quote(s)".
- String literals, computer programming languages' facility for embedding text in the source code
- Quoting in Lisp, the Lisp programming language's notion of quoting
- Quoted-printable, encoding method for data transmission
- Usenet quoting, the conventions used by Usenet and e-mail users when quoting a portion of the original message in a response message.
- Financial quote or sales quote, the commercial statement detailing a set of products and services to be purchased in a single transaction by one party from another for a defined price
- Quote.com, a financial website
- Quote notation, representation of certain rational numbers
- Quote... Unquote, panel game on BBC Radio 4.
- Quote (magazine), a Dutch magazine
- Quote, the protagonist of the 2004 platform game Cave Story
- Musical quotation, the practice of directly quoting another work in a new composition
Speech and written text
- Quotation, the repetition of someone else's statement, beliefs or thoughts
- Quotation marks, punctuation marks used in text to indicate a quotation