Ramchandra Chintaman Dhere
Ramchandra Chintaman Dhere (Hindi: रामचंद्र चिंतामण ढेरे) (21 July 1930 – 1 July 2016) was a Marathi writer from Maharashtra, India. Dhere was born in the small village of Nigade in Pune district. He obtained a Doctorate of Literature from Pune University.
Dhere wrote over 100 scholarly books, including some edited or translated works of others, on Marathi folk literature and culture, Marathi literature, religious sects in Maharashtra, and lives of sant poets (संतकवी). He also composed a few poems and musical plays. Dhere received a Sahitya Akademi Award in 1987 for his Shri Vitthal: Ek MahaSamanvay (श्री विठ्ठल: एक महासमन्वय). Writer Aruna Ramchandra Dhere is his daughter.
The following is a partial list of Dhere's works:
- Datta Sampradayacha Itihas (1958)
- Nath Sampradayacha Itihas (1959)
- Dakshinecha Lokdev Khandoba (1961)
- Marathi Loksanskrutiche Upasak (मराठी लोकसंस्कृतीचे उपासक) (1964)
- Ramrajyachi Sphurtikendre (1966)
- Vividh (1967)
- Loksanskrutichi Kshitije (1971)
- Prachin Marathichya Nawadhara (1972)
- Shakti Pithancha Shodh (1973)
- Vividhdarshan (1975)
- Matangipatta (1976)
- Chakrapani (1976)
- Nawadarshan (1977)
- Lajjagauri (लज्जागौरी) (1978)
- Mharashtracha Dewhara (1978)
- Sant Sahtya Wa Lok Sahitya : Kahi Anubandha (1978)
- Shri Vitthal: Ek MahaSamanvay (श्री विठ्ठल: एक महासमन्वय) (1984)
- Shikhar Shinganapurcha Shambhu Mahadev (2002)
- Shree Tuljabhavani
- Shree Anandnayaki
- Lokdevatanche Vishva
- Sant, Lok Ani Abhidnyan
- Musalman Marathi Santkavi
- Bhartiya Rangbhumichya Shodhat
- Lokasahitya : Shodh Ani Samiksha (लोकसाहित्य : शोध आणि समीक्षा)
- "R.C. Dhere, chronicler of Maharashtra’s religious traditions, passes away". The Hindu. 2 July 2016. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Amaresh Datta (1988). Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature: devraj to jyoti. Sahitya Akademi. pp. 998–. ISBN 978-81-260-1194-0. Retrieved 21 October 2012.