- This article is about the robot. RB5X can also refer to the Red Bull 5X, a surfing competition sponsored by Red Bull.
A cylinder-shaped robot with an optional arm, and a transparent, dome-shaped top, RB5X has an RS-232 communications interface and is programmable in TinyBASIC or Savvy. It was first released circa 1983. Its inputs include eight bumper panels, a photodiode and a sonic transducer. The robot learns from experience.
- Prendergast, Dan; Slade, Bill; Winkless, Nelson (January 1984). "A General-Purpose Robot Control Language". BYTE. p. 122. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Ciraolo, Michael. "Robot Update- Latest robot-Atari interface news". www.atarimagazines.com.
- "RB5X Robot - The Old Robot's Web Site". www.theoldrobots.com.
- Heiserman, David (1976). Build Your Own Working Robot. TAB Books. ISBN 0830668411.
- Heiserman, David L (1979). How to Build Your Own Self-Programming Robot. TAB Books. ISBN 0830612416.
- Heiserman, David L (1981). Robot Intelligence with Experiments. TAB Books. ISBN 0830696857.
|This robotics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|