Raasave Unnai Nambi
|Rasave Unnai Nambi|
Rasave Unnai Nambi is a 1988 Indian Tamil film, directed by T.K.Bose and produced by Rajkiran. The film stars Ramarajan, Rekha, Poornam Viswanathan and Saritha in lead roles. The film had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja.
This film ran for 100 days.
Malathi (Saritha) is a new teacher in a small town and stays in the house owned by Raja (Ramarajan), another teacher at the school. Raja's older brother is an Army officer that everyone calls Pattalathan (Radha Ravi). He's well-respected in the town and is strict with anyone that attempts anything illegal or immoral. Vasu (Malaysia Vasudevan) is a moonshiner that has had multiple run-ins with Pattalathan and nurses a grudge. His younger sister Ranjitham (Rekha) was in college with Raja. The two were in love but separate due to misunderstandings caused by their older brothers' clashes. Raja arranges for Malathi and Pattalathan to marry and the two are very happy together. Ranjitham's other brother Arunachalam (Ilavarasan), who ran away as a child, returns to town just as Pattalathan is deployed again. Malathi knew Arunachalam before she came to town and that prior relationship causes problems for the family. Things are exacerbated when Malathi learns that she is pregnant. The family tensions reach a critical juncture when Pattalathan returns to town.
- Ramarajan as Raja
- Rekha as Ranjitham
- Saritha as Malathi
- Radha Ravi as Pattalathan
- Poornam Viswanathan as Doctor
- Malaysia Vasudevan as Vasu alias KD
- Kallapetti Singaram as Singaram
- Senthil as Azhagesan
- Kovai Sarala as Mynavathi
- Ilavarasan as Arunachalam
- S. S. Chandran
- Disco Shanti
- Usilai_Mani as Veembu Veerasamy
|1||"Kaalai Nera Raagamey"||K. S. Chithra||Gangai Amaran|
|2||"Raasathi Manasule"||Mano, P. Susheela||Ilaiyaraaja|
|3||"Kamma Kara Yoram"||K. S. Chithra, Malaysia Vasudevan||Gangai Amaran|
|4||"Raasathi Manasule"||P. Susheela||Ilaiyaraaja||05:13|
|5||"Mayilaattam Paathuputtu"||Malaysia Vasudevan, Gangai Amaran||Gangai Amaran||04:35|
The Indian Express wrote "The eyecaressing rural scenario and Ilayaraja's flutely music and songs are the saving grace whose style and manner remind you of films like Amman Koil Kizhakkale and Vaidehi Kaathirunthal. The contrivances of the plot set the clocks decades back".
- "Rasave Unnai Nambi". entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- "Rasave Unnai Nambi". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- Shankar (22 August 2017). "இராமராஜன்... இனி யார்க்கும் அமையாத அருமைகளின் சொந்தக்காரர்!". https://tamil.filmibeat.com (in Tamil). Retrieved 11 March 2019. External link in
- "Raasave Unnai Nambi Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|