David Ryder Prangley
Alan van Kleef
Rachel Stamp were formed in 1994 when David Ryder Prangley met Will Crewdson before recruiting Cliff Harris and Mike Rowe. The band signed to WEA Records, but were dropped without releasing the album they had recorded for the label. Their debut album Hymns For Strange Children was recorded in two weeks with John Fryer (HIM, Nine Inch Nails, White Zombie) as record producer, and upon its release went to the top of the NME's Independent Chart. The band next signed to Pure Stirling Records, who released their second album Oceans Of Venus in the UK. It was subsequently released in the US by Captiva Records, and in Germany through Sony Music. The band was inactive for a few years despite never officially splitting up, and reformed in 2009, initially to support their best of compilation album, Now I'm Nailed To Your Bedroom Wall, I've Only Got Myself To Blame. This was followed by a short UK tour in late 2009.
In 2010, Will Crewdson and David Ryder-Prangley played alongside Adam Ant for performances around London. Crewdson is also currently working with a band called LIVAN, fronted by Greek-born musician Cosmas Livanos.
Will Crewdson and Sheheena Dax have also formed a band She Made Me Do It. They have released two EPs - "She Made Me Do It" and Garbos Pool, with an album due out in 2015 and in January 2015 supported Sigue Sigue Sputnik at Electrowerkz. John Robb (Louder Than War) made them his artist of the day in September 2013.
- David Ryder-Prangley - bass guitar and vocals
- Will Crewdson - lead guitar
- Shaheena Dax - keyboards
- Robin Guy - drums
- Thighpaulsandra - synthesisers (1995)
- Mike Rowe - synthesisers (1995–1997)
- Cliff Harris - drums (1995–1997)
- Robin Guy - drums (1997–2002, 2009–present)
- Belle - drums (2003–2005) (also member of Killing Miranda)
- Alan van Kleef - drums (2003–2004) (also member of Ariel-X)
- "Pop Singer" (released 26 February 1996, on CD and limited edition pink 7" vinyl (WEA036CD/WEA036))
- "Hey Hey Michael You're Really Fantastic" (released 5 August 1996, on CD, cassette and limited edition 12" vinyl (WEA049CD/WEA049T))
- "Bring Me The Head of Rachel Stamp EP" (released 11 November 1996 on CD and limited edition green 10" vinyl (WEA086CD/WEA086TE))
- "My Sweet Rose" (released 8 December 1997, on CD and limited edition 7" vinyl (STAMP004CD/STAMP004))
- "I Got the Worm" (released 29 June 1998, on CD (STAMP005CD))
- "I Wanna Be Your Doll" (released 2 March 1999, on CD (SMASCD104))
- "Spank" (released 20 September 1999, on CD (CR RS 001))
- "Didn't I Break My Heart Over You" (released 7 February 2000, on CD and limited edition 7" vinyl (CR RS 002/CR RS 7002))
- Hymns for Strange Children (released 21 February 2000, on CD (CR RS 003))
- "Hey Hey Michael You're Really Fantastic... Live!" (released 15 May 2000, on limited edition (1,000 copies) CD (CR RS 004))
- "Monsters of the New Wave" (European Version) (released June 2000, on CD (RP-010))
- "Monsters of the New Wave" (UK Version) (released 2 October 2000, on CD and limited edition 7" vinyl (CR RS 005/CR RS 7005))
- "Stampax" (released 1 September 2000, on CD (CR RS 006))
- "Hymns for Strange Children" [repackaged] / "Stampax" (Box set) (released 16 October 2000 (CR RS 003L))
- "Black Cherry" (released 22 April 2002, on 2CDs and limited edition cherry 7" vinyl (CD SML 001/CD SML 001X)
- Oceans of Venus (UK Version) (released 13 May 2002, on CD (CD SML 500))
- Oceans of Venus (Limited US Edition) (released 18 March 2003, on CD (CRO301))
- Oceans of Venus (US Version) (released 21 October 2003, on CD (UIN 1079))
- "Sweet Shop" (Limited Edition) (released 3 May 2004, on CD (RS SS 001))
- "Honey" / "Queen of The Universe" (released 15 November 2004, on double A-side CD (STAMPCD012))
- Now I'm Nailed to Your Bedroom Wall, I've Only Got Myself to Blame (released 27 April 2009. Serena Records)
- 'Fight the Force of Evil' (unreleased album recorded for WEA between 1996 and 1997, but included on the 2004 'Sweet Shop' release)
- "Do Me In Once and I'll Be Sad.../Home Made Sex Change" (unreleased double A-side single for Pure Stirling, 2002)
- 'Ravenous' (unfinished studio album, 2004)
- Click on "I" for information and see bio at - http://www.livan.co.uk
- "SMMDI web site". She Made Me Do It.
- "Band Camp Discography". Band Camp. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Review of gig at Electrowerkz". DS Audio. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Review by John Robb". Louder Than War. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "IRNDb entry for Shaheena". IRNDb.
- "Discogs". Discogs Listing for Rachel Stamp. Retrieved 18 January 2015.