Signature of Rachid Koraichi
|Born||20 January, 1947|
Ain Beida, Algeria
|Education||École des Beaux-Arts, Algeria; École des Arts Décoratifs, Paris; École des Beaux-Arts, Paris|
|Known for||Painter, sculptor, print-maker, installation artist, photographer, ceramicist|
Life and career
Rachid Koraïchi was born on 20 January, 1947 in Ain Beida, Algeria into a Sufi family of Q'ranic scholars and copyists.  He received his early art education at the École des Beaux-Arts in Algeria, where he studied calligraphy. Later, he attended the École des Arts Décoratifs and the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris.
His Sufi upbringing has influenced much of his work by giving him an abiding fascination with scripts and symbols. For Koraïchi, writing is sacred and charged with meaning. His work makes extensive use of Arabic calligraphy as well as glyphs drawn from other languages. 
- 1998 Jardin du Paradis, Festival International des jardins. Chaumont-sur-loire. Leighton House, London.
- 1999 Global Conceptualism: Points of Origin, 1950s-1980s, Queens Museum of Art, New York.
- 1999-2000 Lettres d'Argile, Contemporary Art Museum, Caracas, Venezuela, Limoges and Algeria
- 2000 L'Enfant Jazz, Institut de monde arabe, Paris, France
- 2001 Beirut's Poem and Path of Roses, National Gallery of Fine Art, Amman, Jordan.
- 2002 Rachid Koraïchi: 7 Variations autour de l'Indigo, Marseille, Vieille Charit et Alors Hors Du Temps.
- 2003 Africa Informs, October Gallery, London, 2003.
- Cotter, H., "Rachid Koraichi, Making His Own Language," New York Times, [Art Review], Online: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/01/arts/design/review-rachid-koraichi-making-his-own-language.html
- "Rachid Koraïchi" [Biographical Notes], Mathaf Encyclopedia of Modern Art and the Modern World, Online: http://www.encyclopedia.mathaf.org.qa/en/bios/Pages/Rachid-Kora%C3%AFchi.aspx
- "FindArticles.com | CBSi". www.findarticles.com. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- Without Boundary: Seventeen Ways of Looking (2006 exhibition), MOMA