Image from A descriptive catalogue of vegetables (1940)
|Species||Cichorium intybus var. foliosum|
Radichetta (also known as 'Catalogna Lettuce', ) is a type of chicory, similar to radicchio. It can be eaten raw as a salad green (similar to a lettuce), or on sandwiches, and can also be used as a garnish. It has a soft texture and mildly bitter flavor.
It grows fast from seed, either inside (before being planted outside) or outdoors in rows 8-12 inches apart. It is recommended to sow seeds between Feb to the end of October. The lettuce-like plants can grow up to 1 foot tall.
- Dave (3 May 2014). "Saturday Spotlight: Radichetta Lettuce". ww.ourhappyacres.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Radichetta Lettuce". seeds-organic.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Chicory on UoF
- "RADICHETTA LETTUCE (CATALOGNA) (52 DAYS HEIRLOOM)". https://www.superseeds.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017. External link in
- "Radichetta". recipetips.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "LETTUCE RADICHETTA/BARBA DI FRATE". seedsofitaly.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
|This vegetable-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|