Race Horses (band)
|Also known as||Radio Luxembourg|
|Genres||Psychedelic pop, indie|
|Labels||Peski, Fantastic Plastic, Stolen|
Race Horses were a Welsh band based in Cardiff, Wales and originally from Aberystwyth. Formed in 2005 as Radio Luxembourg, they changed their name in 2009 due to possible legal problems with the radio station of the same name. Initially the majority of their music was in Welsh, but their final album Furniture was entirely in English.
After Race Horses
Alun Gaffey continues solo as a singer-songwriter and with Iwcs & Gaff.
Meilyr Jones played bass with Neon Neon on their 2013 live shows supporting the album Praxis Makes Perfect and is now a solo musician. He's also collaborated on the Cousins project with Euros Childs, their album released in 2012, and with Stealing Sheep. In 2010-2011 he was involved with Cate Le Bon on the Yoke project. He released his debut solo single, Refugees/Birds, on Moshi Moshi Records in August 2015, with a full album expected in February 2016.
- Diwrnod Efo'r Anifeiliaid (2007 EP by Radio Luxembourg)
- Goodbye Falkenberg (2010)
- Furniture (2012)
- "Race Horses - Goodbye Falkenberg review". BBC. 3 February 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Race Horses - Furniture review". BBC. 10 September 2012. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Maddy Costa (29 November 2012). "Race Horses: Furniture – review". The Guardian. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Mark Beaumont (17 September 2012). "Festival No 6 – Review". The Guardian.
- Meilyr Jones - Moshi Moshi Shop