Rajni Bakshi is a Mumbai-based freelance journalist and author. She writes about social and political movements in contemporary India and currently works as the senior Gandhi Peace Fellow at Gateway House: Indian Council on Global Relations. Her journalism has appeared in many English and Hindi newspapers and magazines. Bakshi attended school in Kingston, Jamaica, Indraprastha College (Delhi), George Washington University (Washington D.C.) and Rajasthan University (Jaipur).
- The Long Haul: The Bombay Textile Workers Strike of 1982-83 (1986; Great Bombay Textile Strike)
- The Dispute Over Swami Vivekananda's Legacy (1993; Swami Vivekananda)
- Bapu Kuti: Journeys in Rediscovery of Gandhi (1998)
- LETS Make it Happen: Alternative Economics (2003)
- An Economics for Well-Being (2003)
- Bazaars, Conversations and Freedom (2009)