Ralph Neville, 2nd Baron Neville de Raby
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Arms of Neville, Barons Neville of Raby
(Gules, a saltire Argent)
|Died||5 August 1367|
|Noble family||House of Neville|
|Father||Ralph Neville, 1st Baron Neville de Raby|
|Mother||Euphemia de Clavering|
Marriage and children
He married Alice de Audley (d. 1358), daughter of Hugh de Audley, 1st Lord Audley of Stratton Audley and Isolde le Rous, on 14 Jan 1326 with whom he had thirteen children:
- Euphemia Neville (c 1327 - 1394), married firstly in 1344 Robert Clifford, Baron Clifford, secondly Reynold [Reginald]Lucy, son of Thomas Baron Lucy and thirdly Walter Heselarton, knight.
- John Neville, 3rd Baron Neville de Raby (1322/8–17 October 1388), married firstly Maud Percy and secondly Elizabeth Latimer and had issue with both
- Margaret Neville (12 February 1329 - 12 May 1372), married firstly William de Ros, 3rd Baron de Ros, by whom she had no issue, and secondly Henry Percy, 1st Earl of Northumberland, by whom she had issue. She also married Sir Jean William 6th Earl DeRoss with issue.
- Catherine Neville (c.1330 - 1 September 1361), married William Dacre, 2nd Baron Dacre of Gillesland
- Sir Ralph Neville (c.1332 - c.1380), married Elizabeth de Ledes
- Robert Neville of Eldon (c.1337), married Clara Pinckney
- William Neville (c.1338 - c.1391), married firstly Elizabeth Le Waleys and secondly Alice de St Philbert
- Eleanor Neville (c.1340), married Geoffrey Scrope
- Alexander Neville (c.1341 - 1392), Archbishop of York
- Elizabeth Neville (c.1343)
- Isabel Neville (c.1344), married Hugh FitzHugh FitzHenry
- Thomas Neville (c.1355)
- Alice Neville
|Ancestors of Ralph Neville, 2nd Baron Neville de Raby|
- Neville family.
- "Some Descendants of the NEVILLE2 Family Related to George Washington 1st US President". ancestryregister.com. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "- Person Page 10692". thepeerage.com. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Neville family". tudorplace.com. Retrieved 2 July 2008.[unreliable source][better source needed]
- Burke, John (1835). A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain and Ireland. 2. London: Henry Colburn.
- Tuck, Anthony (2008). "Neville, Ralph, fourth Lord Neville (c. 1291–1367)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online). doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/19950. The first edition of this text is available at Wikisource: Tait, J. (1894). . In Lee, Sidney. Dictionary of National Biography. 40. London: Smith, Elder & Co.
|Peerage of England|
| Baron Neville
|This biography of a baron or baroness in the Peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|