Ramayana Water Park
|Ramayana Water Park|
|Location||Na Chom Thian, Sattahip, Chonburi Province|
|Opened||May 5, 2016|
|Operating hours||Daily from 10AM to 6PM|
|Ramayana Water Park - Location|
|Ramayana Water Park - Plan|
|Ramayana Water Park - Overview|
Ramayana Water Park (Thai: สวนน้ำรามายณะ) — is a water park in Pattaya (Sattahip District, Chonburi province, Thailand), which is 1.5 hours drive from Bangkok and 15 kilometers south of Pattaya City. It is one of the biggest water theme parks in Southeast Asia.
Ramayana Water Park project was started in 2011 and the ground breaking ceremony took place in November 2011. The 1.7bn THB project was completed in May 2016, the official opening took place on May 5, 2016.   
Ramayana, with a total size of more than 18 ha (45 acres / 100 rai), is one of Asia’s biggest waterparks. The park operates daily from 10am – 6pm. Ramayana waterpark is located 20 km south of central Pattaya, close to the big Buddha image (Khao Chi Chan) and next to Silverlake vineyard.
Rides & Attractions
Ramayana offers 21 waterslides, and some of them are unique, like two interacting slides (one of them having a diameter of 6 meters), a Masterblaster, named Aquacoaster, where waterjets push riders up 7 times and which has been built as a double slide to allow two groups of riders simultaneously, or a unique river slide, which ends in a Lazy river. The 21 water slides offer a variation of thrill slides (like a Freefall and AquaLoop, where riders embark in a launch capsule), competing slides (like the 4 Mat Racers or the 2 Aquacoaster), raft slides (Python and Aquaconda), a Boomerango or some gentle alternatives like Serpentine, Spiral or River Slide. All slides are supplied by WhiteWater West, from Canada.
A 600m long Lazy river, with integrated waves, bubbles and waterfalls, takes visitors on a ride around a natural hill. The park’s theming allows guests to explore an ancient city, with caves, sculptures and other remainders of “a long forgotten place”. This theming has been provided by ATECH International Thailand, which also experienced theming other famous theme parks, including Disneyland Hong Kong or Ripley’s. Ramayana has a double wave pool with a 490 feet (150 m) wide beach, where one part can be used with tubes, and the other part without. In addition there is also a relax pool with integrated pool bar and a 60m long activity pool.
Ramayana offers 2 dedicated areas for children, which are also unique to this park. One play area, with a variation of spray attractions, is specifically designed for smaller children. The other one, with slides, water-games and a climbing area, has been designed for slightly older kids. Children can also use all pools and the Lazy river, as well as some other attractions outside of water, like caves or a maze.
Ramayana sources its water from its own 9 wells, which provide drinking water quality, and operates with a filtration system provided by Pentair and Wayfit. Ramayana employs more than 100 certified lifeguards.
Attractions on Dry Land
Ramayana also offers attractions on dry land, like a floating market built into the natural lake, an iconic sculpture, a walk along the banks of a natural river, a sand play area, a maze (labyrinth), waterfalls and encountering real elephants. The park is located within a natural environment of surrounding lakes (neighbouring the Silver Lake), hills and greenery.
- The park also operates a restaurant offering 100 different dishes from around the world, a dedicated kids’s restaurant, and various coffee, ice-cream and cocktail bars.
- More than 40 private Cabanas are available for rent. The park offers Lockers and Towels for daily rent.
- The Shop provides necessary products, including swim wear, sun cream, towels, apparel, and souvenirs.
- Ramayana also offers Thai massage and spa services as well as free WiFi.
- All expenses within the park, like food or massages, can be made through a cashless payment system.
- "Vacation Trip: "RamaYana" Thailand's Biggest Waterpark opens on May 5th". Archived from the original on 2016-06-30.
- "Ramayana Water Park: Ground Breaking Ceremony".
- "Pattaya One: Ramayana Water Park Opening This Thursday". Archived from the original on 2016-06-08.
- "Pattaya One Video: Ramayana Water Park Opening This Thursday".
- "Pattaya Today: Ramayana, Thailand's biggest water park, now open".
- "WhiteWater West website".
- "Amusement Parks News: RamaYana, Thailand's biggest waterpark, debuts with an abundance of WhiteWater waterslides".
- "ATECH GROUP".