|This article is missing information about early life. (January 2011)|
Ran Libeskind-Hadas is a professor of Computer Science at Harvey Mudd College. His research interests lie in the fields of algorithm design and analysis and complexity theory, but focus more specifically on routing algorithms for optical networks and collective communication in parallel computers and networks.
Libeskind-Hadas graduated from Harvard University with a degree in Applied Mathematics in 1987. He went on to complete an M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1993. In August of that year he was hired into the Department of Mathematics at Harvey Mudd College, a liberal arts school that focuses on science and engineering. He has been in the Department of Computer Science since May 1994, and served as acting chair of the department in 2006-2007.
Libeskind-Hadas holds the Joseph B. Platt Endowed Chair for effective teaching from 2005 to 2010. His research has been funded by the National Science Foundation. Most recently, he has been the director of an NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) site at Harvey Mudd College, which has allowed Harvey Mudd to greatly increase the number of undergraduate research students it can support during the summers, in addition to increasing cross-university interactions. Additionally, Libeskind-Hadas has been the key faculty member in encouraging a group of students to form a student chapter for the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), which has been successfully running and helping members of the Claremont Colleges and surrounding community since the beginning of 2005.
Module orientation problem
Libeskind-Hadas is a coauthor of R. Libeskind-Hadas, N. Hasan, J. Cong, P. McKinley, and C. L. Liu. Fault Covering Problems in Reconfigurable VLSI Systems. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1992., and has published 16 peer reviewed papers and 20 peer-reviewed conference proceedings.
Reference line notes
- Ran Libeskind-Hadas, Nimish Shrivastava, Rami G. Melhem, C. L. Liu, Optimal Reconfiguration Algorithms for Real-Time Fault-Tolerant Processor Arrays IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems archive, Volume 6 , Issue 5 (May 1995) Pages: 498 - 511, ISSN 1045-9219
- Announcement by President Jon Strauss, March 4, 2005
- 2006 Harvey Mudd College REU site, retrieved from the Internet Archive
- Yoshiyasu Takefuji, Neural Network Parallel Computing(1992) Springer Publishing ISBN 0-7923-9190-X
- Ran Libeskind-Hadas at the Harvey Mudd College website