Ravenna School District
|Ravenna School District|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
The Ravenna School District, formally the Ravenna City School District, is a public school district located in Ravenna, Ohio, United States. The district serves students in preschool through 12th grade living in Ravenna and Ravenna Township, and small portions of Shalersville and Charlestown townships.
- Ravenna High School, grades 9–12
- Brown Middle School, grades 6–8
- Carlin Elementary School, grades 1–5
- West Main Elementary School, grades 1–5
- Willyard Elementary School, grades 1–5
- West Park Elementary School, kindergarten
- Early Childhood Education, preschool
The district organization was adopted in February 1997 and implemented at the beginning of the 1997–98 school year. Prior to 1997, students in grades K–5 attended one of five neighborhood elementary schools, grades 6–8 were at Brown Middle School, and grades 9–12 at Ravenna High School. The changes in 1997 moved all kindergarten students to West Park Elementary School, and all fifth and sixth grade students to Rausch Intermediate School, adjacent to Brown Middle School, which became a school for grades seven and eight. Students who had previously attended West Park were split between Carlin and West Main Elementary Schools. This organization stayed in place until 2008 when Rausch Intermediate closed, necessitating the return of students in grade five to their neighborhood elementary school and grade six to Brown Middle School. When Tappan Elementary closed in 2013, students were sent to one of the three remaining elementary schools with most being assigned to West Main.
- Rausch Intermediate School, grades 5 and 6 (closed after the 2007–08 school year). The building currently serves as an annex for Brown Middle School and some district offices.
- Tappan Elementary School, grades 1–5 (closed after the 2012–13 school year). The building currently is being leased by Education Alternatives.
- "Ravenna City School District 2010-2011 State Report Card" (PDF). Ohio Department of Education. 2011. Retrieved December 5, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Panczyk, Micah (March 18, 1998). "Restructuring helps Ravenna Schools achieve desired balance". Record-Courier. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- Smith, Diane (March 26, 2013). "Ravenna to bid farewell to Tappan School". Record-Courier. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
|This Portage County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|